PAA Application 2022-2023
Applications for 2022-2023 Peer Academic Advisors will be available in December 2021 and are due Friday, January 14, 2022, by 11:59:59pm. Applications will be accepted until the deadline, however most offices will review applications as they are received and may potentially contact candidates for interviews prior to the deadline.
Please submit your application online using the form below. You can use this form regardless of whether you are applying as a new or returning Peer Academic Advisor in any advising office.
The online form below will ask you to submit the following items:
- Your information (name, UCI student ID, contact information, majors, etc.)
- Acknowledgements of the PAA job responsibilities and time commitment
- Responses to several short essay application questions
- One reference (name and contact info only, no letter required)
- One-page résumé
- Details about your availability 2022-2023
As part of the online application below, you will be asked to respond to several short essay questions/prompts. Before beginning the application, please consider how you might address the following general areas (more specific instructions are given within the application):
- Why are you interested in the Peer Academic Advisor position?
- What is your definition of a good Peer Academic Advisor?
- What skills/experiences do you possess that will help you meet the responsibilities of a Peer Academic Advisor?
Do you have questions about eligibility and the process to become a PAA? Please review the information on our Become a Peer Academic Advisor page
Do you have more questions about what you would do as a PAA? Please review the PAA Job Description page.
For additional questions, please review the Application FAQ page.